We are growing, and are seeking more Megapop employees. We now seek a Senior Programmer in a 100% position, as well as a Head of accounting in a 50% position
We seek a great Senior Programmer to join our studio in downtown Oslo, Norway. We develop our games using the Unity engine, but we are also interested in reaching out to programmers who are skilled at making apps and / or VR and AR experiences.
You should have:
- 2+ years commercial experience with Unity
- Solid overall experience with front-end development
- Be pro-active about solving tasks and challenges
- A positive and team-oriented attitude, we are in it together, we help each other
- A strong passion for games and digitalization
- Good English skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with VR development
- Commercial experience with Xamarin forms
- Speak and read Norwegian
- Experience with shaders, UI, special effects or other ‘specialized’ skillsets
- Worked with Free 2 play business models and datamining tools
- Worked on social and multiplayer games
Head of Accounting (50% position)
We seek a head of accounting to join our studio in downtown Oslo, Norway. The position is a 50% position at first, but will likely move to a 100% position over time. You will be able to lean on our current accounting partner in the start-up period. We are flexible on which days each week you would like to work.
Expected work tasks:
- General daily accounting management for Megapop
- Running and paying Wages, as well as taxes and MVA
- Invoicing, and follow-up on invoicing, to our customers
- Filling out public forms and adhering to governmental reporting structures
- Work on yearly and quarterly reports
- Support the board and managers in relation to economical matters, including cashflow analysis, budget overviews and accounting scenarios.
You should have:
- A relevant education in accounting
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with / at a private company
- Excellent skills in Excel, and relevant accounting tools
- Great skills in both Norwegian and English, written and spoken
- A keen interest in evolving yourself, and us, as a professional company
- Experience working with revision firms on revising accounting projects
- You must be a forward leaning person; we are in the games and technology industry, and things, trends and new directions happen fast. It’s a lot of fun, but challenging.
- You will be our crucial component in using, and evaluating, systems and tools in relation to accounting. We currently use Xledger for accounting, knowledge of this is a plus, but we may move to other systems should you recommend it!
_ _ _ _
What we offer:
- A great team and colleagues, working out of Filmens Hus in downtown Oslo
- Exciting, challenging and varied work tasks
- Working on cutting edge games
- Working on a range of cool client projects, from VR to apps, gamification and digitalization projects.
- A direct influence on our evolution as a company and the products you work on. Everyone matters
- All full-time employees in the company are offered to own shares
- Free daily lunch
- Competitive wage
Megapop is a laboratory of fun where we fuse the experience of gaming industry veterans with up and coming talent. We are currently 14 employees based out of our offices in downtown Oslo, and we hope to continue our growth. In addition, a range of outstanding freelancers cooperate with us.
We create outstanding games with global appeal. Our last game was a top 10 strategy game in more than 130 countries, and was featured by Apple seven times. We have mostly focused on mobile strategy games (Trolls vs Vikings 1 and 2), and want to keep on pursuing ‘core gameplay games’ in the future. We are also in the early stages of establishing a casual ‘small’ games department for ‘lighter’ games.
As an indie studio all employees in the company are an instrumental part in shaping our future. Working in Megapop you will work alongside a team of truly experienced developers and freelancers, who all focus on creating the most engaging games and products we possibly can, both for ourselves and for a broad assortment of clients. While being busy, we focus on a solid work/ life balance, supporting each other in building a culture of knowledge, respect and fun.
In addition to making our own games, we develop a broad range of projects together with clients. We develop apps, VR experiences, digitalization and ‘gamification’ projects, as well as delivering artistic work.
We are growing into a unique company in Norway, and we see how well our experiences from games transform into other industries. Working with us thus means that you will get experiences and challenges spanning industries and technologies, but with games at the heart.
Do you want to join our team?
We are looking forward to your application and CV. For inquires please email email@example.com. Please write in headline which position you are looking to fill.
We work hard to ensure future growth in Megapop. If you are not looking to apply now, but would like an informal talk on future positions within programming, please don’t hesitate to reach out.